Two injured in cracker, ball explosions in Karachi




Four suspects have been taken into custody by the police.

Unidentified people fled the scene after casting a ball bomb at a shop near Banaras Bridge in Orangi town. The blast destroyed the exterior of the shop. However, no loss of life has been reported yet. Contingents of police and rangers arrived at the site, after the blast, and surrounded the whole area, Dunya News reported.
In another incident, two got injured in a grenade attack at a gambling den in Lyari Chakiwara. Police and rangers cordoned off the area and started a search operation in quarter; whereas, two militants got killed in a police encounter at Baldia Ittehad Town. According to Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) West, Irfan Baloch, both the terrorists belonged to the outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban Swat Group.
In a joint operation at Liberty Chowk Tariq Road, police and rangers took four suspects in custody.
Police arrested two suspects wanted in several activities in Maripur along with the weapons they possessed.

TTP Swati Group and Karachi unrest

Tehreek-e-Taliban Swati Group is reportedly involved in attacks on different police stations in the port city, sources revealed on last week.
According to sources, TTP Swati Groups want to avenge death of Commander Yousaf.
Bodies of eight people including Commander Yousaf were found in Manghopir after which the group started targeting police stations and the policemen.
Meanwhile, the authorities have decided to step up security at West Zone police stations.
According to SSP West Zone Irfan Baloch, CCTV camera will installed and snipers will be deployed at sensitive locations.
He said that TTP Swati Group’s organized network exists within the premises of Mominabad and Pirabad police stations. Police have finalised strategy to deal with them.
Earlier, at least two persons died and three others injured in a blast in Saddar area also last week.
According to Additional Inspector General (AIG) Police, Karachi Ghulam Qadir Thebo, the terrorist carrying bomb was on a motorcycle when he collided with another motorcycle accidentally outside Makki Masque in Saddar.
Police officials gave contradictory statements whether it was a suicide blast or another explosion.
Talking to media on the crime scene, Ghulam Qadir Thebo said that one terrorist and a citizen were killed in the blast while in Jinnah Hospital he declared both of the dead as terrorists.
On the other hand, according to SP investigation, up to four kilograms of explosives and ball bearings were used in the blast. He said face of an alleged terrorist killed in the blast was unidentifiable while the motorcycle was snatched and a fake number plate was fixed on it.
Meanwhile, investigation was underway about the second person who died in the blast.
According to Bomb Disposal Squad, the bomb was fixed on the oil tank of the motorcycle and the attacker was taking the device with him to implant it at some other locality of the city.
Earlier, huge blast also took place outside a courier company’s office situated at Korangi No 4. The blast was big enough to completely destroy the front section of the office.
According to the bomb disposal squad, 500 grams of explosive material was used for the blast. The blast was carried out by a planted, timed device. SPO Korangi Faisal Noor stated that “no loss of life has yet been witnessed.” It is reported to be the fourth blast outside this very private courier company’s office.
Prior to this, courier company’s offices in Gulshan Iqbal, Jamshed Quarter and Malir had been attacked. Karachi has been the hub of violence and hostility for a very long time.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here